Overview of data stored within the Service
IntelligenceBank is a provider of easy to use, digital content management software that’s simple, smart, and secure and gives you a better way of managing digital content. There are two types of data we manage: data that we process only and data that we process, collect and control.
Service Data we process, but do not control nor collect
The Service involves the storage of “Service Data” in the form of files, records, email alerts, user email addresses and names, comments and posts and other items that you upload into our software. It is up to each Customer to determine the types of data it can store within the Service according to their own data protection policies, and relevant legislation. IntelligenceBank does not govern the type of data Customers upload, and per our Terms of Service, Customers agree to upload data that is not illegal in nature.
In providing our Service, we do not own, control nor direct the use of the personal information or other information stored or processed on our platform by customers, and in fact we are largely unaware of what information is being stored on our platform and only access such information as authorized by our customers or as required by law. As such, we are only the “data processors” and not the “data controllers” of the information uploaded to our Service. As a data processor, we implement appropriate technical, physical and administrative measures against unauthorized processing of such information and against loss, destruction of, or damage to, and unauthorized access to personal information.
Our Customers, who control their customer data and upload it to IntelligenceBank for processing, are the “controllers” of that data and are responsible for compliance with various directives pending jurisdiction and location.
Data we collect, process and control
To provide the Service, IntelligenceBank processes, collects and controls a range of data sets, including “Personal information” including an individual’s name, email address, telephone number and other details you nominate. IntelligenceBank does not knowingly collect, process or control any personal information from children under the age of 13.
IntelligenceBank may collect personal information directly from You when You:
– register for a free trial and create an account,
– download a resource,
– become a customer,
– use the Service,
– post to the IntelligenceBank Community forum or on our blog,
– become a customer,
– contact the IntelligenceBank support team, and
– visit our Website.
At a minimum, IntelligenceBank requires a name and email address to provide any of the above requests or use cases.
IntelligenceBank collects, holds, and uses Your personal information for limited purposes
IntelligenceBank collects Your personal information so that we can provide You with the Service and any related services You may request. In doing so, IntelligenceBank may use the personal information we have collected from You for purposes related to the Services including to:
– verify Your identity,
– administer the Service,
– understand usage of the Service,
– notify You of new or changed services offered in relation to the Service,
– carry out marketing, product planning or training relating to the Service,
– assist with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the Service,
– comply with laws and regulations in applicable jurisdictions, and
– communicate with You.
By using the Service, You consent to Your personal information being collected, held and used in this way and for any other use You authorize. IntelligenceBank will only use Your personal information for the purposes described in this Policy.
You may have noted customer testimonials that have been posted on the IntelligenceBank Website which may contain personal information. Prior to posting any testimonial, we obtain the customer’s consent to post their names along with their comments about the Service.
IntelligenceBank may receive personal information from You about others
If You provide IntelligenceBank with personal information about someone else, You must ensure that You are authorized to disclose that information to IntelligenceBank and that, without IntelligenceBank taking any further steps required by applicable data protection or privacy laws, IntelligenceBank may collect, use and disclose such information for the purposes described in this Policy.
This means that You must take reasonable steps to ensure the individual concerned is aware of and/or consents to the various matters detailed in this Policy, including the fact that their personal information is being collected, the purposes for which that information is being collected, the intended recipients of that information, the individual’s right to obtain access to that information, IntelligenceBank’s identity, and how to contact IntelligenceBank.
Where requested to do so by IntelligenceBank, You must also assist IntelligenceBank with any requests by the individual to access or update the personal information You have collected from them and entered into the Service.
IntelligenceBank can aggregate Your data and track individual usage of the Service
By using the Service, You agree that IntelligenceBank can access, aggregate and use non-personally identifiable data IntelligenceBank has collected from You.
As a feature within the Service, IntelligenceBank tracks individual usage details by file or record and by user to provide Main Administrators with detailed usage analytics. If you do not agree to this, you must ask the Administrator of Your Service to remove You from the system or to assign You a username (email address) and User Name that does not identify You personally.
IntelligenceBank may use aggregated and personal data to:
– provide our customers with further information by participating in publicly available marketing surveys
– assist us to better understand how our customers are using the Service
– provide our customers with further information regarding the uses and benefits of the Service
– otherwise to improve the Service.
Pending your geography and server specification, IntelligenceBank holds Your Service data and personal information on servers located in the United States of America, Australia or the United Kingdom.
We use top tier, third party data hosting providers (AWS) to host our Services which are ISO27001 and SOC 2 compliant.
While your personal information will be stored on servers specified in geographic regions as noted in your contract, it will remain within IntelligenceBank’s effective control at all times. Our data hosting provider’s role is limited to providing a hosting and storage service to IntelligenceBank, and we have taken steps to ensure that our data hosting providers do not have access to, and use the necessary level of protection for, Your personal information. They do not control, and are not permitted to access or use your personal information, except for the limited purpose of storing the information. This means that IntelligenceBank always keeps your personal data in the country/region specified on your contract.
IntelligenceBank takes steps to protect your personal information
IntelligenceBank is committed to protecting the security of Your personal information and we take all reasonable precautions to protect it from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Your personal information is stored on secure servers that have SSL Certificates and all Data transferred between You and the Service is encrypted.
However, the Internet is not in itself a secure environment and we cannot give an absolute assurance that Your information will be secure at all times. Transmission of personal information over the Internet is at Your own risk and You should only enter, or instruct the entering of, personal information to the Service within a secure environment.
We will advise You at the first reasonable opportunity upon discovering or being advised of a security breach, within 72 hours of the event, where Your personal information is lost, stolen, accessed, used, disclosed, copied, modified, or disposed of by any unauthorized person(s) or in any unauthorized manner.
IntelligenceBank only discloses Your Personal Information in limited circumstances
IntelligenceBank discloses personal information
You have provided to select third-party entities (you can view the full website cookie list here), in order to provide the Service to you:
1. Pendo Product Management Software – Enables us to communicate with You from within the Service to advise of new features available and planned outages.
2. Pardot/Zoho Campaigns/Salesforce/GA Connector – CRM and Marketing systems, Website to Google Analytics/CRM Connector to track sales requirements of potential customers and existing customers, as well as to manage our opt-in/opt-out mailing lists.
3. PandaDoc – Contract software we use which stores your work email address so we can email proposals to you and you can sign online. You can opt-out of this at any time.
4. Xero/Chargify/Stripe – Accounting and billing software is used to track financial transactions between You and IntelligenceBank, and if used, to securely process credit card information.
5. Product Integrations – Depending on your Subscription to the Service, you may use a variety of ‘out of the box’ plugins, some of which can securely pass your username and login details to third-party providers. For example, Zapier is a software connector used for IntelligenceBank Handshakes. If you do not wish for third parties to have your personal details, please do not use the plugins available within IntelligenceBank.
6. Zendesk – Customer support software that asks to enter your name and email address so we can respond to your helpdesk query.
We may disclose Your personal data to our insurers and/or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, and managing legal disputes.
You should be aware that IntelligenceBank may be required to disclose Your personal information without Your consent in order to comply with any court orders, subpoenas, or other legal process or investigation including by tax authorities if such disclosure is required by law. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify You if we are required by law to disclose Your personal information.
IntelligenceBank does not store Your credit card details
If You choose to pay for the Service by credit card, Your credit card details are not stored by the Service and cannot be accessed by IntelligenceBank staff. Your credit card details are encrypted and securely stored by an accredited, third-party payment facility, to enable IntelligenceBank to automatically bill your credit card on a recurring basis.
IntelligenceBank’s data retention and deletion parameters
We will retain and delete your personal data as follows:
1. Aggregated usage data will be retained indefinitely for the purpose of monitoring the historical performance of our website and Service.
2. Account data (Company Name, Purchase Data, Opt-In Email Data, Contact History) will be retained indefinitely unless directed by You to anonymize Your related personal information (i.e. Your name and work email address).
3. Service data for paid accounts will be retained for up to 90 days after our last transaction with You, after which it will be deleted unless required for auditing or legal reasons. Service data for free trial accounts will be retained for up to 30 days after the end of the trial.
4. Enquiry data will be deleted on request or within five years of Your last communication with us, after which it will be deleted unless required for auditing or legal reasons.
5. Correspondence data will be retained for up to 5 years after our last transaction with You from an opt-out request, after which it will be deleted unless required for auditing or legal reasons.
You may request access to Your personal information
It is Your responsibility to ensure that the personal information You provide to us is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. You may request access to the information we hold about You, or request that we update or correct any personal information we hold about You, by setting out Your request in writing and sending it to us at email@example.com. You can also contact IntelligenceBank at the following address: IntelligenceBank Pty Ltd, Level 3, 70 City Road Southbank, VIC 3006 Australia.
IntelligenceBank will process Your request as soon as reasonably practicable, provided we are not otherwise prevented from doing so on legal grounds. If we are unable to meet Your request, we will let You know why. For example, it may be necessary for us to deny Your request if it would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy or affairs of other individuals, or if it is not reasonable and practicable for us to process Your request in the manner You have requested. In some circumstances, it may be necessary for us to seek to arrange access to Your personal information through a mutually agreed intermediary (for example, the Subscriber).
We’ll only keep Your personal information for as long as we require it for the purposes of providing You with the Service. However, we may also be required to keep some of Your personal information for specified periods of time.
In providing the Service, IntelligenceBank utilizes “cookies”. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on Your computer for record-keeping purposes. A cookie does not identify You personally or contain any other information about You but it does identify Your computer and location.
We and some of our affiliates and third-party service providers may use a combination of “persistent cookies” (cookies that remain on Your hard drive for an extended period of time) and “session ID cookies” (cookies that expire when You close Your browser) on the Website to, for example, track overall site usage, and track and report on Your use and interaction with ad impressions and ad services.
You can set Your browser to notify You when You receive a cookie so that You will have an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance. However, You should note that refusing cookies may have a negative impact on the functionality and usability of the IntelligenceBank Website. Specifically, cookies are used to:
1. Identify You while you are on our website.
2. Enable You to have IntelligenceBank remember your password.
3. Determine if a user has responded to a marketing campaign.
4. Measure visits to the website by third-party providers.
5. Track how users are navigating the website so we can provide a better product experience.
You can choose to opt out of individual, non-essential cookies by clicking here.
You can opt-out of any email communications
IntelligenceBank sends billing information, marketing communications, product information, Service updates and Service notifications to You via email. Our emails will contain clear and obvious instructions describing how You can choose to be removed from any mailing list not essential to the Service. IntelligenceBank will remove You at Your request.
You are responsible for the transfer of Your data to third-party applications
IntelligenceBank has a privacy complaints process
If You wish to complain about how we have handled Your personal information, please provide our Privacy Officer with full details of Your complaint and any supporting documentation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Privacy Officer will:
– provide an initial response to Your query or complaint within 10 business days; and
– investigate and attempt to resolve Your query or complaint within 30 business days or such longer period as is necessary and notified to You by our Privacy Officer.
Below is a high-level summary of the rights You have under data protection law. You should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights. Your principal rights under data protection law are below and at any time, You may exercise any of Your rights in relation to Your personal data by emailing email@example.com.
(a) the right to access;
(b) the right to rectification;
(c) the right to erasure;
(d) the right to restrict processing;
(e) the right to object to processing;
(f) the right to data portability;
(g) the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
(h) the right to withdraw consent.
This Policy may be updated from time to time
IntelligenceBank reserves the right to change this Policy at any time, and any amended Policy is effective upon posting to this website. IntelligenceBank will make every effort to communicate any significant changes to You via email or notification via the Service. Your continued use of the Service will be deemed acceptance of any amended Policy.
Updated December 2018